Friday, September 17, 2004

When Boys Next Door Strip!

This article is reprinted from Ana Kalaw's Kiss Ass column at Y style of the Philipine Star. Interviewed for this article were Luke Jickain, Paolo Paraiso and Brent Javier. Since this is Brent Javier's site, we are posting only Brent's responses.

For the fifth straight year, the fun and fearless Cosmopolitan magazine undresses ten of the hottest and most beautiful bods, providing an upper we haven't had since witnessing Brad Pitt's dishelved and naked resplendence in Troy.

Model/actors Luke Jickain and Paolo Paraiso and ramp and commercial favorite Brent Javier are part of the beautiful ten which include models Corey Wills and Joe Vince Canizares, Swatch endorser Borgy Manotoc, MYX veejay Mark San Diego, cagers Rob Duat and Doug Kramer, and R&B star Jay-R. Unclothed, these three are hot vehicles of six-pack abs and strong biceps. Fully dressed, without the muscles to cause distraction, Luke, Paolo and Brent are easily those boy-next-door types high school girls crush on and doodle hearts over. Their easy smile and boyish, almost pretty, features complement the church choir, pep rallies, ice cream and soda shops, or an Abercombie and Fitch catalog.

By stripping them to less than bare necessities, Cosmo has made Brent, Paolo and Luke into the stuff naughty fantasies are built on. They are now drooled over instead of doodled on notebook paper. We're now thinking dim lights, empty parking lots, and Calvin Klein campaigns. As Cosmopolitan centerfolds, Brent, Paolo and Luke have sacrificed cute and clean-cut for jaw-droppingly sexy and sizzling hot. Shame on Cosmopolitan. Shame!

What are you doing now? Here, I have Pond's. I also just finished a commercial in Bangkok.

Have you always wanted to be a model? No. I got into it by accident. I just came here to the Philippines for vacation and it just happened.

Did you ever think you had to strip? No. Up until the day of the shoot, I didn't think I was going to do it but they showed me the pictures of the other guys probably to challenge me. I did it not because I got challenged by them but because I personally challenged myself to do it.

What's the most daring thing you've done? Probably that shoot.

Best dating experience? It's usually not the scenario or the place but the company you keep or the connection you have when you go out with someone.

Worst dating experience? With pretentious, snobby girls that expect everything even though we don't know each other that well.

Describe a sexy woman. Confident. She has a beautiful smile, she's attractive inside and out. Did I say humor? Because that's important. And she's got to be smart.

Do you like being a pretty boy? In a way I do. Everybody thinks I'm high-maintenance, that I go to the derma and that I wear all these nice clothes. I'm just a casual guy, though. I just wear jeans and shirt.

What's your greatest achievement? Being able to support myslef out here the past two years.

Complete the sentence. If I were not showing off my naked body, I would be... Finishing school in Canada.

If I were a woman for a day, I would.... I'd go to a women's locker room and just hang out. I'd be a lesbian and just check out the other women. Yeah, put that.

Say you see a beautiful woman, how would you convince her to go out with you that night? Just with words. I don't know.

What gimmick do you have planned for the Cosmopolitan Bachelor Bash? I didn't know we were supposed to do that so I don't have anything planned just yet. But by now, I should have come up with something cool.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! its nice to know that someone made a site for brent... i luve him so much,,, i think he's the hottest thing that ever happened in the Philippines' modeling industry!!

pam Luna,,, pampanga

Anonymous said...

A BIG TWO-THUMBS UP to whoever made this cool fan site (for one of my favorite "celebrities", Brent Javier). It's really flattering to know that Brent is a PISCES like me....and this is one of the reasons(aside from his charms) why I've become a die-hard fan of Brent. Expect a lot from me coz' after discovering this site, I'll REALLY be a frequent visitor....
KEEP IT UP! (",)

...Therese Pelostratos.....Cebu

Anonymous said...

hi there! i thought i'm the only brent javier fan..because a lot saying that he is a gay (that is not!) i hope all brent javier fan's will get together and bonded with our idol..I met him na..so you can check my friendster sweet_somthin16@yahoo.com - to the creator of this blog- YOU ROCK!!! ciao ;p

Anonymous said...

To the author of this site....

I salute you for being so great. This is it, I really appreciate this coz I like Bent so much. He's very nice and clever. I hope to see him in person. I hope I can get his number so that I can talk to him by phone.


Ferdz from Dubai, United Arab Emirates