Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Boy Named Brent

Article reprinted form X for Women by Ronalisa A. Co.

How do you feel that everybody's treating you like the "it" model today?
Umm...I don't know. I mean, I guess that you're talking about the good things that come with it because there are also the bad things. The good things, I don't know, it's cool. But I'm a quiet person so I don't really...like the attention all the time.
But you're the hottest model right now...
I wouldn't really say that.
How do you feel about all the attention?
To be honest, it's nice. I mean, I come from Canada and back home, it's just a normal life. But here, I guess the celebrity part of it, it's cool. And it helps to get confidence.
Before you became a model, what were you doing?
I was a student in Canada.
Then you came here just to model?
I was thinking of trying out to play basketball.
So you like basketball?
Yeah.
So you want to enter the UAAP or NCAA?
Yeah, that was my plan. But I never even got to try out. Things kinda happen fast here with modelling. Then I figured, might as well take the opportunity while it's in front of me.
What were you taking up in Canada?
Kinesiology. It's like sports therapy.
How did you get discovered?
I guess, while walking around the mall.
Then?
To be honest, at first I really didn't want to do it so I just kinda threw it away, their cards or whatever.
What made you give in?
When I finally gave in? I guess Mossimo helped a lot. And I got lucky because I got in the Fashion Week. For one, they usually use mostly Cal Carrie models. And I didn't have any pictures, I just went to go-see. I just got lucky enough that I got in a couple of shows and then from there people started noticing.
Are you really a good boy?
Am I really a good boy?
Can you really say that you're really a good boy?
No, I really can't say that. I'm not perfect. I do (pauses to think)...stuff.
Have you done anything wild lately?
Nothing uncharacteristic, I think, of someone my age. I guess, I'll go out to parties. I'll get drunk every once in a while. But nothing like super crazy.
Nothing like having one night stands?
(laughs)
How wild can you get?
Every oncein a while, it's not often but I'll be that really drunk...
And what can you do when you're drunk?
What can I do? I dance more. I talk more, maybe a little too much.
So you're not awfully quiet when you're drunk?
No.
By the way, are you in a relationship right now?
No. I was in one for a long time so...
Can we ask about it?
Yes. I had a girlfriend in Canada and we went out for more than five years.
And then you came here and you broke up?
Uhh...it's kinda up in the air, to be honest. But not really.
What is it you're looking for in a girl?
At this point? I just want someone normal.
You mean a non-model?
Not necessarily like models but it's just the attitude they have. Like, I want someone I can just chill with becasue to be honest, I'm kinda sick of going out every night. I love being with my friends and everything but I don't mind finding someone I could just hang out with at her place or my place whatever. Just doing regular relationship thing.
So you can say that you're looking more for a friend or a lover?
Honestly, I just wanna stay single. I'm not looking for a relationship, just someone to hang out with.
How do you view women who drive cars?
Yeah, it's cool. Totally. It's awesome.
You don't get intimidated at all?
No.
How about women racers?
Yeah, it's cool, too. Unless they can kick my ass, then it's not so cool.
Do you believe that one's driving styleis a reflection of his sexual style in bed?
I guess certain aspects of it comes off from driving. I mean there are pattersns in your life that you kinda (do over and over again). So I guess like when people have aggressive styles of driving, they might have aggressive ways in bed.
So whats your driving style?
What's mine? Uhh..I'm thekind who gets pissed off a lot. I have road rage.
You were saying that there's some kind of a pattern that might connect one's driving style and his style in bed. So does that mean...?
Greg (Martin) told me that Pisces are supposed to be quiet but freaks so..freaks in bed.
So you may possibly engage in domination or something?
Yeah, there may be some fetishes.
So what are your fetishes?
One of them is I like girls with pretty feet. That's my main fetish. I just like checking girl's feet.
Going back to cars, are you a certified car lover?
Honestly, yeah but not like...(pauses to think)
...not like buy 17 cars with six BMWs?
Yeah! (laughs) I mean, I know I like cars but I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic because I know a lot of people that love cars way more than I do.
What's your dream car?
I'd get a couple of luxury cars, like a couple of Lexuses or maybe a BMW and a Mercedes Benz. I had a C330 Coupe back home but it's my sister's now so I don't have a car right now.
Will you be willing to lose your dream car just to win a girl's heart?
Hell no! No way. If I had my dream car, there's no way I'd be giving it up for a girl. I mean, what's the point in that? What would I get out of it? No, probably not. There are lots of fishes in the sea, I'll find another one.
Complete the sentence: I'm not just a sexy body, I'm also a...?
...a kind soul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D-R-O-O-L. brent is indescribable :)